University School of NSU recently won the School of Excellence Award in Debate at the National Forensic League National Tournament in Dallas, Texas, and further became only one of eight teams nationwide to receive the Overall School of Excellence Award for Speech and Debate. Both awards marked firsts in USchool history.
More than 3,000 students competed in the National Tournament. Of the 10 University School students participating, two were National Finalists: Tyler Laurence in Storytelling, and Andrew Dolberg in Congressional Debate.
Other individual accomplishments include:
- Rachel Brooks – 15th, Humorous Interpretation
- Matthew Linn – 15th, International Extemporaneous
- Tyler Laurence and Justin Snow – 18th & Top 30 in Impromptu Speaking, Duo Interpretation
- Michael Fried – Top 24 for Lincoln Douglas Debate
- Joshua Tupler – Top 35 for Lincoln Douglas Debate
- James Stage and Daniel Rego – Top 40 for Public Forum Debate